If you are over 19 and do not have a GCSE or an 'O' Level, you can work towards a City & Guilds equivalent. This can help you improve your everyday skills and increase your confidence.
Practical sessions are run during the day and evening. We offer courses at all levels in small groups; there will be an initial assessment to find out which level is right for you.
Applications for this course are open between March and September. The application process is:
1. Create and account on the website, choose the course and complete your details. Once applied you will receive an email confirming your application has been received
2. You will receive an invitation within 2 weeks of application to an assessment and be asked to book a suitable date via Eventbrite (various dates and times will be available the assessments take around 60mins per subject)
3. The outcome of the assessment will be discussed with you the day after the assessment and you will be able to see the course options available.
4. We will then send you an email inviting you to enrol online, and you will have 2 weeks to complete this to confirm you place on the course. (failure to do this within the timeframe will result in your place being released to another student)
5. Once the above is complete you will receive an email with your start date a time confirming your place on the course.
Please note: these courses are for people whose first language is English. For those for whom English is not a first language, courses are available through the ESOL team, call 01252 407185 for more information.
This course is for Adult Learners aged 19 or over.
Please note that while we make reasonable adjustments to remove any barriers to education, additional fees may be payable where this is not possible. For example, to provide additional support due to a disability. Please contact us if you believe you have any additional needs so that we can discuss your options before enrolling on a course.
If you have any questions about this course then please contact us by phone on 01252 40 55 55 or message us.
You will be taught how to:
On successful completion of the course you will be able to progress to either the next level of study within Adult Essential skills or to another vocational course. The course could also help you progress into employment or improve your career progression potential.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Prior to joining the course, you will need to complete an initial assessment test followed by an interview which will place you on the correct level and the correct course.
Please contact us through the form below. After submitting a form we will contact you as soon as possible. We will delete your information one month after the beginning of the next academic year.
|11/09/2023||Part Time||MON||09:30 - 11:35||36 Weeks|
|Time||09:30 - 11:35|