This apprenticeship is made up of a set of Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
1. Knowledge is taught within Aldershot College one day a week. Core Knowledge components include: health and safety, core plumbing systems, electrical components and control systems, plumbing science and process, principles of environmental technology systems, principles of fossil fuels, customer service and communication.
2. Skills are taught within the workplace. You will need to generate a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate the following core skills. Safe working; Core plumbing system techniques; Electrical components and control systems techniques; and supervisory skills.
3. Functional Skills: English & Maths Level 2 (if necessary)
4. You will be taught about expected behaviours for the industry and general employment.
5. End point assessment is the final stage of your apprenticeship and you must pass this to achieve your apprenticeship. It is the chance to show the skills, knowledge and behaviours you have gained throughout you apprenticeship.
Find out about the new standard, click on the link:
By the end of this apprenticeship the candidate will have satisfied the requirements for registration as EngTech by the Engineering Council through The Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering (CIPHE) and or The Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
On completion of the health and safety assessment, as determined, by the assessment plan the candidate will have satisfied the requirements to obtain a Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) Card through the Joint Industry Board for Plumbing and Mechanical Engineering Services (JIB-PMES) at the appropriate grade.
Minimum of 5 GCSE grades A* - C or 4 - 9 to include English and Maths.
Please contact us through the form below. After submitting a form we will contact you as soon as possible. We will delete your information one month after the beginning of the next academic year.