At University Centre Farnborough, we’ve teamed up with Princes Mead Shopping Centre for our ‘What Makes Me Smile’ photography competition – challenging the photographers of tomorrow to get creative and take a picture of something that makes them smile!
The competition is open to children aged under 12 years old who live in Rushmoor, Hart, Surrey Heath or Waverley. Entries will be judged by photography lecturers from University Centre Farnborough and the Princes Mead Shopping Centre team. Entrants can use a phone, tablet or digital camera to take part.
We’d like entrants to take a photo of something that makes them smile. The photo could be of family, nature, a pet, colours, or anything else! They could take photos in the garden, at home, or on a walk – but please remember to follow the government’s social distancing instructions while taking part.
Entrants must be aged under 12 years old and live in Rushmoor, Hart, Surrey Heath or Waverley. They don’t need to have any photography experience or special equipment to take part.
Prizes for the top three entries are:
A limited number of entries will also be selected for a display in Princes Mead Shopping Centre, Farnborough.
The winners will be chosen by our photography lecturers at University Centre Farnborough and staff from Princes Mead Shopping Centre. Entries will be judged on:
Remember – you don’t have to use a special camera to take part. Photos taken on a mobile phone or tablet are welcome too!
To enter the competition, post your child’s entry in the comments of this Facebook post, or send the entry as a direct message to the University Centre Farnborough Facebook Page. Please include the first name and age of the photographer.
The competition closes on Friday 26 June 2020. Winners will be contacted through a Facebook message to the account used to submit the entry. Good luck!
Please read the terms and conditions below.
At University Centre Farnborough, we offer a range of degrees awarded by the University of Surrey. Based at Farnborough College of Technology, we offer a small campus experience, classroom-based lectures and plenty of personalised support. This makes us a popular choice for both college leavers and mature students alike, who want to study in a space where they won’t get lost in the crowd.
1. This Competition is open to children aged under 12 years old, who live in the Borough of Rushmoor, Hart, Surrey Heath or Waverley (UK). Only one entry per person is allowed. Parents are asked to submit the entry on behalf of their child.
2. There are two ways to enter the competition: by commenting on this Facebook post or sending the entry through a direct message to the University Centre Farnborough Facebook page. The entry should include the photographer’s first name and age. All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date.
3. The entry submitted must be taken by the child entering the competition, however parents are encouraged to help children use equipment and take the photograph safely. As the parent of the entrant, it is your responsibility to ensure that any images submitted which include an identifiable person or persons have been taken with the permission of the person or persons pictured.
4. The first-place winner will receive a £30 Love2Shop voucher and a first-place certificate. The second-place winner will receive a £15 Love2Shop voucher and a second-place certificate. The third-place will receive a £5 Love2Shop voucher and a third-place certificate. Prize vouchers have an expiry date and can be used in a limited number of shops, as per the voucher’s terms and conditions. There is no cash alternative. Winners will be notified through a Facebook message from University Centre Farnborough and requested to provide a postal address for the vouchers and certificate to be mailed to.
By submitting an entry to this competition on behalf of your child, you are consenting to the entry and details submitted being used for the following purposes:
5. A limited number of entries will be chosen for a display in Princes Mead Shopping Centre, Farnborough. The display will include the submitted photograph and the first name and age of the photographer.
6. Entries may be publicised on the Farnborough College of Technology, University Centre Farnborough and Princes Mead Shopping Centre website and social media pages, marketing materials, and in the press. Entries will remain within these publications indefinitely. Winners may also be invited to take part in additional publicity – such as a photograph with the display at Princes Mead Shopping Centre – but are under no obligation to do so.
7. The winning entries will be those that are judged to be the most creative, reflect the competition theme well, and demonstrate a good eye for composition. The decision of the judges is final and non-negotiable.
8. In the unlikely event that reasons beyond our control impact the competition or awarding of prizes, the competition and prizes may be amended at any time. The entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to Farnborough College of Technology/University Centre Farnborough/Princes Mead Shopping Centre as a result thereof.