It’s nearly September, which means it’s just a few weeks until the start of term. It’s time to get organised and ready to learn for the busy, but exciting time ahead! Read our top tips to make your transition from School to College as smooth as possible.
1. Be organised… make sure you start the term with a pen, pencil, highlighter and a notepad at the ready. The key to a good morning is to prepare the night before! If you need help with the costs of studying be sure to check out information on our bursary schemes.
2. Check your emails…scroll through your inbox, making sure you haven’t missed any vital information. Your timetable will be given to you on your joining day, so you know when and where you’re going!
3. Think you’ll get lost…here’s a downloadable campus map for you to print if you can’t find your way just ask a member of staff wearing a blue lanyard as we’re always happy to help!
4. Unsure how long it will take you to get to college… leave ten minutes earlier to avoid any stress. You can always grab a coffee at the campus Costa in the new University Centre Farnborough building if you’re early. Whether you’re travelling by foot, cycling, bus, car or train we have all the travel information you need. Visit our Travel page to see route maps and directions.
5. Get Involved with extra enrichment activities…use your free periods to make the most of the variety of activities on offer. You’ll be automatically be signed up for our regular email bulletin with all the upcoming events and activities you might be interested in. You’ll also receive important information about careers, support and health!
6. Don’t forget to smile…on your Joining day, we will be taking your picture!
7. Don’t miss out…grab your student discount TOTUM card, formerly known as an NUS Extra card.