College Library Bulletin – Autumn Term 2021
This term has seen the launch of several exciting new developments in the library:
- The library MyCirqa app now provides an easy way to see what books you have on loan and to renew them yourself, the app can be downloaded from the app store and you can log into it using your college email and password;
- You can now use Discovery (Discover Library Resources on the intranet home page) to find both library holdings and journal articles in one quick search;
- We have launched our own Instagram account @fcotlibrary – please follow us!
- We are supporting the enrichment programme with a monthly reading group;
- Individual study carrels have been reinstated at the far end of the library, these make an ideal place to sit quietly and study;
- We have a new bank of laptops that can be borrowed and used throughout the college;
- Do come and browse our display area next to the computers – we currently have a display of books and films.
You may have noticed that the Costa area is now designated as a place for HE and professional (adult or apprentice) learners to sit and relax. The computers downstairs in the UCF are now also for the sole use of HE and professional students.
All students – whatever the colour of their lanyard! – are welcome to use the computers and study upstairs in the library. Please bear in mind that it is a quiet area for individual study and try not to disturb people who are trying to work.
Please contact the library staff at email@example.com if you want to find out more or provide feedback.
Written on: 16/11/2021
at 4:56 pm