The Hair & Beauty Academy Terms and Conditions
By booking an appointment at the Academy you automatically agree to all of the terms and conditions listed here.
- We promise to welcome you as promptly as possible and settle you into the salon.
- We endeavour to give you a full consultation where we listen to your needs, your lifestyle and your likes and dislikes.
- Your hair or beauty service is always delivered by a student Stylist/Therapist; however, the classes are supervised by an experienced and fully qualified lecturer.
- Hair and some beauty clients require a skin test at least 48hrs before a colour service.
- We are a training establishment and cannot guarantee perfection. If your chosen hair or beauty service is unachievable or unsuitable this will be discussed with you during your consultation.
- We charge for products used and not our stylists/therapists time, hence our very competitive prices, however, any additional services or products used, are chargeable.
- If you need to cancel your appointment, please give as much notice as possible as this can impact on student assessments. We can try to offer the slot to another client. Repeated ‘No shows’ will be asked to pay a 50%, non refundable, deposit, for future appointments. Occasionally, we may need to close or reschedule our classes at which time an alternative appointment will be offered.
- If you are unhappy with your Hair or Beauty Service for any reason, please notify us at the time or within two weeks, to give us the opportunity to resolve the issue. If the fault lies with ourselves we will rectify free of charge, however, if you have simply changed your mind, not contacted us within 2 weeks or attempted to alter your service outcome yourself, normal charges may apply.
- All new Beauty Clients must complete a health consultation form and any skin tests before an appointment. Clients suffering from certain medical conditions may be asked to produce a Doctor’s Note/Medical certificate.
- Hair Clients require a skin test at least 48hrs before a colour service. We reserve the right to refuse any client without a valid skin test on the grounds of non compliance with our insurance and suitability for assessment purposes.
- Clients are reminded that our Stylists and Therapists are young students and their confidence is easily dented. Service times may be longer than expected. Your patience is appreciated.
- Rudeness or incivility to students or staff will not be tolerated, you will be asked to leave the salon. This may result in your not being able to return to the Salon in the future.
- Babies and young children cannot be accepted in the Salon in line with Health & Safety Legislation.
- All visitors are required to wait in the reception area/foyer of the Boundary Road entrance to be collected by STAFF, once Covid-19 checks have been carried out in line with government guidelines.
- We reserve the right to withdraw future services if we feel your conduct or continued expectations are not conducive to a training and assessment environment.