14-16 School Link Programmes
During their final two years at secondary school, students can choose to study a college course with us as one of their options.
Schools interested in taking part in our 14-16 Programmes should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please speak to your head of year about options for School Link programmes.
Choice of Courses
- City and Guilds Level 1 Diploma in Construction Skills
Students will gain an overview of the four main areas of construction: bricklaying, carpentry, plumbing, and electrical installation. In a practical, hands-on working environment, they will learn the basics of each area, whether that is repairs and pipework, installing cables, building structures, or making a variety of woodworking joints.
- PROGRESSION: this course will prepare students for our level 2 courses in one of the four main areas of construction, or an apprenticeship.
Hair and Beauty
- VRQ Level 1 Diploma in an Introduction to the Hair and Beauty Sector
For those interested in working in the hairdressing and beauty industry, this course will provide them with the skills needed to gain an understanding of the sector and the ability to progress onto another course. While using their initiative, students will study a range of topics such as hair and beauty science, communication and creativity skills.
- PROGRESSION: this course will prepare students for our level 1/2 hairdressing and beauty therapy courses.
- City and Guilds Level 1 Diploma in Vehicle Systems Maintenance
Turn a love of cars into a career with our motor vehicle programme. Students will use a number of modern tools and work on real cars in our industry-standard workshops. They will have the opportunity to build on their experience, knowledge and skillset, so that they are ready to progress to the next level.
- PROGRESSION: this course will prepare students for a level 1 or 2 course in motor vehicle.